A garage floor coating is one of the most affordable and attractive ways to enhance a plain gray garage slab. These heavy-duty epoxy-based systems give you durability as well as a wide array of design options.
Browse our gallery of garage floor pictures to see what’s possible.
WHAT IS THE BEST GARAGE FLOOR COATING?
Epoxy garage floor coatings are the most popular option for the following reasons:
- They upgrade the look of the floor at a reasonable price
- They increase resiliency to stains and tire marks
- They hide minor imperfections
- There are many colors to choose from
- They can be enhanced by decorative quartz or paint chips
Hire a pro: Find garage floor contractors near me
Other garage floor options
In addition to epoxy, these are the other options for your garage floor:
- Concrete stain – adds semi-transparent color, giving depth and a customized look to your floors
- Concrete sealer – provides a layer of protection to your concrete
- Floor paint – a low-cost way to bring in color to your concrete surface
- Polyurea – a fast-curing coating that is UV, scratch, and temperature resistant
- Garage floor tiles – interlocking tile system that allows you to add color, pattern and protection
- Rubber mats – garage covering that rolls out similar to carpet, is easy to install as a DIY project
HOW MUCH DOES A GARAGE FLOOR COATING COST?
An average 2-car garage is 18’ x 20’, or 360 sq. ft. with some being slightly larger in order to have the vehicles fit inside more comfortably. With a cost of $2 – $5 per sq. ft. on average, your garage floor will cost about $720 – $1,800.
As the size of the garage increases and the design becomes more intricate, the cost will rise. Find a garage floor contractor near you to get a quote for your project.