There are many different types of coatings that can be applied to concrete floors. When selecting the best option for your project, epoxies will likely be a front runner.
WHAT IS AN EPOXY CONCRETE COATING?
Epoxy concrete floor coatings are a great option if you are looking for tough and attractive flooring. They combine polymer resins and hardeners that result in a chemical bond with the concrete. Plus, there are many colors and decorative options to choose from.
Find epoxy floor contractors near me that install coatings.
The benefits of using an epoxy coating are:
- Provides a more durable surface than floor paint that stands up to heavy traffic
- Makes an easy-to-clean floor that resists stains from spills
- Is versatile enough to be used for both residential and commercial projects
- Creates vibrant and unique designs that can be customized in many ways
- Can be installed quickly, with little downtime
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO EPOXY A FLOOR?
Epoxy coatings can be done for $3 – $7 per square foot. This makes it an affordable option for both small and large projects. As the surface area of your space increases, the design becomes more intricate, and multiple colors are added, the cost of your flooring may increase.
Make a great first impression with a stylish entry, foyer or mudroom decorative floor. Concrete’s easy care, ability to handle heavy foot traffic and resist staining make it the perfect choice for busy areas where dirt, mud and water might get tracked in. Read more about how to create a grand entrance.